Sunday, February 22, 2009

Amor <3

let it be Pictures, Images and Photos

I WANT LOVE Pictures, Images and Photos

This is a song by Adam Sandler, I've always loved it cuz it's funny but at the same time it's a description of the best kind of love.

"I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you
I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you
I'll miss you, I'll kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold
I'll need you, I'll feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control
So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink.
I could be the man who grows old with you. I wanna grow old with you <3"

Funny thing is, I don't know if I believe in all of this. People fall in love, and they think 'this is going to last FOREVER' and eventually they both lose those feelings they had in the very beginning. it's not as exciting, they've stopped caring so much. it's just...lost. There are those rare couples (mostly old ones) that still constantly show their love and it's still alive n kickin. woo
I dunno, it just makes me kinda sad that falling in love doesn't promise that feeling forever. It just fades away.
I know it sounds pessimistic of me but it's reality. And this is what's affecting my decision of marriage. A lot of marriages I see that I thought were going really well, aren't. They're staying together because they feel they have to, or maybe they're just tired and don't want to be alone. They're miserable and stuck. I don't want that, and it's pretty inevitable that if I get married the same thing will happen to me. :( it's a ways a way but it'll creep up on me, on everyone my age, really fast. I haven't even been in love, but I'm scared that if I do, it'll turn out the same as everyone else. oh well. life is...mmm beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. But what if you never give it a chance? What if it does happen, but you're too caught up in wondering if it will ever happen that you don't catch it when it comes your way?

    That scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about you but I would hate life if I wasn't always taking chances...otherwise you can't even begin to experience happieness

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know, i should take chances but i just don't know if it's worth it.
    like u said dallas, i'll never know unless i take the chance but, it's a lot of hurt to go through and i don't think i'm strong enough for that.

    mike ur amazing at taking chances that's something that I'm jealous of. :)
    who's knows if it'll lead to happiness. i dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reason people fall out of love is because they've turned it into fairytale love. And once they've grown out of the fairytale, that love fades with it. That's not real or true love. The reason you see those old people who still have that love for each other is because they've figured that out; they know it's not a fairytale. And they've accepted that. They've stopped fooling themselves into thinking that it will always be the kind of love that's in fairytales.
    "...love that hurts, love that I have to work for... love that tests me... the kind of love where you get hurt... that makes me want to cry... that takes me through my worst nightmare..."
    Love isn't having everything perfect like in fariytales; it's sticking together through everything because you know that once you make it through that hell, if you work at it, you'll still have each other if nothing else, and you'll still love each other more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well that sounds beautiful, and something to look forward too, but somehow it feels like that kind of love is hard to find and I have a hard time finding things as it is.

    ReplyDelete